Do bed bug bites and scabies look similiar?

And do they require the same treatment from the doctor?
And how do you get rid of either or?
In my mind, I would toss the beds,wash all bedding in hot bleach water,have the carpets and furniture professionally cleaned,tear down the curtains and wash or buy new,throw away all the kids stuffed animals...
Is that how ya do it or is it overkill lol
My friends kids seems to have come down with either bed bug bites or scabies. Thank goodness they found out when they did because they were supposed to come stay with us for a few days...can those be a contagious thing? Can they be brought to someone elses house on your clothing?
ewww...I feel so bad for them, it has got to suck so bad. :(

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 9:23 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I experienced a bed-bug infestation when I was in Europe. Those things are EVIL.

Anyway, the bites look like red dots on your skin, and yes, clean the place, cover your mattresses, even consider fogging the place. Our problem was that we could do all that, and they'd just come back in a few days from the neighbors homes (attached housing).

When I came back home to the states, I woke up with one new bite (it must have snuck into my luggage), we did all that stuff and it worked thanks to having a single standing home.

Good luck, I get the jibblies just thinking about all those bites.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• We use Waterproof Bed Bug Proof Hypoallergenic mattress and pillow pads. This creatures are supposed to be living in all mattresses. Scary@
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 9:34 AM on Jul. 8, 2010