Do any moms out there just want to get a night to go out to a club or something?

I sure do
I don't have the time or funds to go splurge but hopefully I'll be able to next month when I get paid :) My SO will want to go out then if I go so I have to be fair which I have no problem but I know when I go out I dance with anyone, and be crazy/fun....I kind of don't want him to..LOL Im bad I know

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sweetie my clubing days are over with, its called me time
    Tash438

Answer by Tash438 at 9:40 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I can honestly say that I don't crave a night away from my husband, nor did I crave time away from my children when they were at home. To the contrary, I much prefer to spend time with those I love. All I ever wanted out of life was to be a wife and a mother, and I have always felt so blessed to have been granted that. When my friends and I were raising our children, a night out amounted to maybe going over to another family's home for supper and for the children to play together. There were no breaks from parenting. We just accepted that it was 24 hours a day and seven days a week. Something has happened in our culture to change all that, and I am not at all sure it was a change for the better. In fact, I'm pretty sure it wasn't.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:40 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It's normal to want to go do something by yourself! :) I do a girls night about once every 3-4 months. My DH and I have a date night about once a week.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:35 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I do go dancing once in a while.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:38 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Not a club, but I wouldn't mind going to a bar. Even though in Michigan there's a smoking ban, and EVERYONE I know just about smokes. So I guess that wouldn't be as fun. Maybe just a BBQ at a friend's house.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:39 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I agree with NannyB. My partying days are over and I am totally okay with that : )
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 9:46 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have never been to a club. I started dating my DH at 19 we got serious pretty fast and he's not the club type. WE got married a few years later and got pregnant after 2 months. I never got the chance. Kinda sorry I didn't.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:47 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I'd love a night out, but it's extremely difficult for me to get a babysitter so that my husband and I can go spend time together (alone!). Usually he and I take turns every other week watching the kids so that the other one of us can get some time out of the house - whether it's going out for drinks with friends or browsing through a bookstore by myself.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to have time to yourself; however, it seems pretty messed up to me that you want to go dancing and being "crazy/fun" with other men, without your "S/O" around. You must not be in a serious, committed relationship if being with your "S/O" isn't good enough for you! I would never want to go dancing at a club with another man... of course, I'm married, and my husband is enough man for me that I don't need any other one!
    SAHM_USAF

Answer by SAHM_USAF at 9:51 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I go out every once in a while, It's time with the girls, I would hate to be someone who doesn't have a life outside of home and my son stays at home with his dad, he doesn't even realize I'm gone because when I go I leave at like 10p and back by 2am...sons asleep at that point. If your just going to a club that's when it's fun anyway so just put your kids to sleep, leave them with your hubby, and go
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• OP here

who the heck said my SO isn't good enough for me, we both dance with the opposite sex, even when together. It's fun to dance with other people.

and yes I will go at night. Kids won't even know I'm gone. It's so great to just get with the ladies, head to the city, have fun, dance, get down and partay for a couple hours. Then I come home and catch up on sleep and have bkfst in the morning with everyone. LOL I just haven't been out in like 3 months...not anywhere, I've been a SAHM and it sucks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:58 AM on Jul. 8, 2010