What are some good educational fun indoor activites for 4 and 5 yr olds?

Carmel198308

Asked by Carmel198308 at 9:39 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in

• Baking! They can help measure the ingredients as you talk them through it. Things like "So, the recipe says we need 3/4 cup of sugar. So, we need to use this one, and we need to put 3 of them in. Let's take turns and count them together...."

Reading stories and playing the "let's guess what happens next" game.

Coloring, playing with blocks, etc - all good for hand eye coordination, and especially good if you play rhyming games while you do it - you can do things like while you're building saying "Oh, I have a red block... I wonder how many words we can think of that rhyme with red... I know one - Bed! Head! Said!..." Have them help think of words. After awhile, pick a new word to rhyme, or let them pick a word.

Board and card games are always good - they teach logic and thinking and some can help with memory as well as socialization.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:47 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Dust the furniture.big smile mini

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 3:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2010