What would you have done if you were dating a guy who talked to you about computers all day long, and expected you to memorize everything he says?

rital38

Asked by rital38 at 9:46 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Realize that we don't have much in common and find someone else
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:47 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Tell him I didn't want to and see if he complies or get a new boyfriend. Geeze...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:47 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I wouldn't mind him talking to me about computers all day long, because I'm somewhat of a computer geek myself. But, why would you be expected to memorize everything he says?
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:48 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Well, if I wasn't interested in computers, I would probably figure this was not a match and stop seeing him.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:50 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Find someone new. Sounds like a control freak...so what if I don't eat sleep and breathe computers, get over youself buddy!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:59 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I would swiftly stop dating a guy who talked to me about computers all day long, and expected me to memorize everything he says.

He clearly is too self centered for it to go anywhere serious. He will have to grow up and start caring about others before he can have a healthy relationship with anyone and you should tell him so...someone has to.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My husband does this occationally with electronics. I just sit there and listen for a few minutes and let him talk, but when he starts to ask me to repeat things I just tell him I don't care. He use to get huffy with me, but now he will call his friends and leave me alone :)
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 12:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I agree with some of the others, he is indeed a control freak.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2010