Who out there is satisfied with the life of a SAHM? If you are a WM are you satisfied with that?

Seriously, being a SAHM is great for being with my son, but it makes my relationship hard. Because I'm always HOME.

I just can't wait to start my job(overnight) and go back to school, the time missed with my son is not the best thing to me, but I need and crave adult talk, not just with SO, and being on CafeMom is not my idea of fun honestly, just to pass the time.

I must say I cannot wait to transition from SAHM to WM to Student. One step closer to buying another vehicle and one step closer to completing my degree :) And my SO will have even more quality time with his son.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 10:05 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• It's driving me nuts. I'm the kind of person that needs to be out of my home from time to time. I worked all of my life too, so i am used to it. I am trying to find a part time job to keep my sanity.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:08 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I find my job to be very rewarding. It make the time spent with my children more special. The time I spend with them is quality time not just quantity of time. So yes I am very satisfied with my life.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 10:08 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I work full time and wouldn't have it any other way. I love my job and i love the work i do.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 10:11 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I work 5 days a week--7 hours a day & its great! Then I have all nights and weekends with my babies.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I work two days a week at a restaurant. it's a lot of fun, and keeps me sane.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:06 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I am a WM. I like my job and wouldn't want to be a full-time SAHM but I would like to have an in-home business so that I could spend more time with DD. She would still go to daycare part-time for interaction.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:07 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I love being a stay at home mom. It does have its down sides though but were dealing with them the best we can. I wouldn't change it for the world right now.
    I did used to be a working mom though. With that also came the upsides and downsides...
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:08 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I concur. I was laid off in May and still have had no luck with getting a job. I miss being a working mom and though I know my kids love me home, I know they miss day care and all of their friends and socializing. I think working is better for both parties.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:08 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I've been at home for almost 38 years, and I have loved every minute of it. My husband's mother worked and he realized how much he had missed growing up, and he never wanted his children in that position. Our children are grown now, all married and with families. I love being a grandmother and have the time to take the children for periods of time so that their moms can have a little one-on-one time with their husbands, something I didn't have a lot of since we didn't live near family. I think it is what you make of it. I'm never bored. I have friends. I get out and do things when I want to. I find it to be a great life and very fulfilling.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:11 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I am a working mom, and, yes, I am very happy.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:14 AM on Jul. 8, 2010