How can I get stains out of my tupperware containers?

My husband doesn't realize that these are mine, and its hands off to him but he decides to put anything that will color into these and then decides to warm or boil it in the microwave, I know he doesn't mean to but now I have all these bowls with circle stains in them.

bellamom_5

Asked by bellamom_5 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Try bleach
    1C bleach to 1 gal cold water.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:21 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Vinegar. Mix 50/50 with water and let sit overnight.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:24 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I don't know if you can get them out once they're there, but if you spray the bowl with cooking spray BEFORE you put something in them, it will prevent the stain.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 10:25 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Bleach works great.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:37 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Vinegar, baking soda and water, soak over night.

A good way to prevent stains is to spray the container lightly with nonstick spray before putting in the food. Use tomato based foods in darker colored containers or glass.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 12:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• bleach is the only thing I know of but sauce stains won't come out if that is what has made the stain.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 10:22 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• If it's true Tupperware brand, you're stuck with them - they'll wear off eventually, with normal washing, but nothing will magically make them disappear instantly. Dawn does make a soap that's recommended for Tupperware, but I've noticed it leaves a soapy taste in the food.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2010