Would you go out to a club/bar with your hubby/SO?

I just realized I have never been out to a club or even a bar with him. We used to have house parties all of the time before I was pregnant, but after my son was born we just stopped the party lifestyle, well it actually stopped when I got pregnant.

We just used to really celebrate everything, even the seasons...lol ex...day light saving=party

Now we go out separately, or not at all. We do have a limit though, if either one goes out then they don't get to leave until our sons asleep, and have to come back before he's awake. so between 10 and 6am to be safe, and we both agree on that. And I've only gone out once, he's gone out like 10 times, Once every 6months is enough for me :)

Do you ever go out with you SO/hubby? If not do you make time to go have fun with your own friends?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 10:22 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes, I have more fun when he is there.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:23 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My DH and I do go to Bars together, not often, but we do sometimes. Maybe about once in every 2-3 months. We have gone to a club before together and we had a blast! It was the first time I had ever been in a club, and it was actually more fun than I thought it would be. We are actually planning on going to the city next weekend together (we live in a small town) to go out and have some fun.....its been awhile and well needed lol!
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• If I were to go out I would go with him, but neither of us really like partying.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:24 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I'm not a drinker so I never even thought about it.  I've only been to the bar a few times since I was old enough to drink.  One of them was with my husband (then fiance) and my mom.  That was hilarious.  A guy we knew from work showed up and was hitting on my mom and being obnoxious.  I ended up leaving because I got a headache since I don't normally drink.

Last time I was in a bar was the night before our wedding (in Jan 2000).  I was pregnant so couldn't drink and was bored so I left the family there.  Found out later my husband tried to set his sister's hair on fire (ok, it was accidental) so his dad took his car keys away and him and his sister took it to her house a few blocks away.  He stumbled in around 3am.  Sigh.

I wouldn't mind going now but we have no one to watch the kids so it will never happen.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• The only time I go to a bar is with my DH. I live in the middle of nowhere and the only thing for us to do is go to a bar so every now and then we go out and have a few drinks, he kicks my butt at pool then we get something to eat and go home
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My DH and I go out for a date night once a week; sometimes dinner, sometimes a dive bar - we enjoy being together. We rarely go out without each other, we just have more fun with each other than with our friends. We have fairly regular parties at our home as well, we enjoy entertaining. :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:29 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• No I wouldn't he is too jealous. He would probably ruin it.
    bellamom_5

Answer by bellamom_5 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My hubby and I used to go out all the time before we became parents.  Our social life was something we willfully sacrificed for our children.  We went out once in a blue moon when the kids were young but now they are teenagers and my hubby and I have re-built our social life again.  

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• We have the same agreement as you! All kids must be in bed before anyone leaves... and said person must be home before 3am (bars around here close at 2, so its not a problem). Neither one of us are drinkers really, but there is a karaoke bar I go to whenever I get a chance (ie: not too tired) to go out. He hasn't gone out on his own in FOREVER - but thats just how he is. The last time we went out together was the friday between my divorce being finalized and our wedding... I had been seperated from xh for 6 years, my divorce was finally done 4/13, so we went out on 4/16 - we got married on 4/22. We had fun... it was nice - but its really hard to find a sitter for 3 boys, two of which are toddlers... if we both go out, who is gonna care for the kids when they first get up at 7am???
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 10:55 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• No. I wouldnt go somewhere where alcohal or dancing is involved without my husband...not appropriate. I might go with a friend to the beach, a normal restaurant, a movie, just a walk, pretty much anything else.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 11:10 AM on Jul. 8, 2010