is it my mucous plug?

Last night I had some contractions, but irregular and not strong..but when I woke up this morning and took a pee, I noticed a small bunch of snotty looking material in the toilet (I always examine contents haha). Is that the so-called "mucous plug"? I don't know. It was a small amount and it wasn't red or pinkish even it actually looked kind of clearish. When might I go into labor??

walkintherain

Asked by walkintherain at 10:26 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think it is...I have been losing mine off and on for a few weeks now...it will grow back if you dont go into labor...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 10:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• it could be... the beginnings of it, or just your cervix thinning. The bad news is, losing a mucus plug doesn't accurately indicate the onset of labor. It could even be weeks away.
    I'm sorry.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• it could be part of it. wait til ur water breaks or real strong contractions to start before u go to the hospital. if ur not in a lot of pain,i'd stay home, u'll just regret going early.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 10:40 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Id say it was. Mine didnt have and blood in it either, and it was clear. I lost it 3 weeks before i was induced.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:18 AM on Jul. 8, 2010