How realistic is Toddlers and Tiaras?

Are there any pagent moms out there? Can you tell me how realistic Toddlers and Tiaras and shows like it are? Because they make the moms out to be control freaks and the kids to be spoiled brats.

HotMama330

Asked by HotMama330 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Entertainment

• Actually, they purposely pick out only those mom's to show. There are some like that and a lot that aren't.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:27 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It's reality tv....sadly enough if even one mother is like that!
    MrsAJLaw

Answer by MrsAJLaw at 10:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• well... my mom had me in pageants since i was 3 and in my perspective it is pretty realistic, but not all of the moms are like that
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 10:35 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I don't know but my 4 year old LOVES that show. If we are going through the channels and that pops on she picks that to watch. I can not stand it because the kids look so unhappy, not all of them but some.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I watch that show all the time, it's like a train wreck you can't look away from. Some of the mothers are HORRIBLE, but some aren't so bad. My niece did pageants for a while and does them occasionally still, and we have run into a few doozies of mothers, but for the most part people are pretty nice.
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Check out some of their forums:

http://pageantstars.com/id1.html

Links there to about 50 or so different pageant message boards.  Don't go if you're allergic to spray tan.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• The edit it all together to make the mothers seem like that. Most pageant moms are NOT like that at all.
    angelgirl0225

Answer by angelgirl0225 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2010