Do you like it when strangers come up and touch your child without asking your permission first?

HotMama330

Asked by HotMama330 at 10:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• uhh no. that is just weird.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Not many people like it but for some cultures it is normal to do that. When we were in Mexico women particularly liked our kids and pat them on the head and such. We held their hands everywhere we went because American children get kidnapped all of the time but these people had no interest in stealing them.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:32 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Not that I like it but sometimes I'm more okay with it thatn others. Like say if it was a sweet old lady getting her grandbaby fix and just had to squeeze my babies cheeks or touch her red hair (which happens often,lol) then I don't mind so much as when its a old man doing it. Once we were at the library and dh was holding her and this super old dude comes up and was playing with her and even reached his arms out and asked him if he could hold her. I just turned away laughing when dh said uh..no.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• sometimes. If they seem nice then I don't mind, but creeps, yes I mind.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 10:35 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• define touch. a pat on the head or playing around is no big deal, some people love children too much, but anything weird, i'll kill'em.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 10:37 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Why would you allow a stranger to touch your child? That is too creepy...

Answer by rkoloms at 10:38 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Not many people like it but for some cultures it is normal to do that. When we were in Mexico women particularly liked our kids and pat them on the head and such. We held their hands everywhere we went because American children get kidnapped all of the time but these people had no interest in stealing them. Answer by ABusyBee

That's a pretty ignorant comment to say. I don't usually have a problem people patting my daughter on the head or talking to her, it's when they want to touch her or hold her hand where I'm like ehh.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:54 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It didn't happen often but , it didn't bother me. WHy should it?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2010