Is it ethical?

In your opinion is it ethical for doctors to try to help post-menopausal women get pregnant? (There's no right or wrong answer.)

HotMama330

Asked by HotMama330 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I think it is ethical. Maybe nature has it's ways of telling the body "your done having kids" but we're part of nature & we created ways for women to conceive past their prime. Although i would not do it, i would never think badly of a women wanting to give life regardless how old they are. If they have enough money to go through the procedures then they should have enough money to make sure their kids have a good life in case the inevitable happens.

My mom gave birth to me when she was 45 & she was/is a wonderful mother. She did not need any fertilization though.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:36 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• nope, I think menopause is natures way of saying you are done
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It's not really anyones business.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 10:32 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It's between the doctor and his patient. I would expect that a doctor would know when it's "too late" for a particular woman to get pregnant.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:35 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I think to to each his(or her own). For those women who experience menopause early this is a way conceive if mother nature took that from you.
    MrsAJLaw

Answer by MrsAJLaw at 10:35 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• not my place to say everyone can do what they want...
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 10:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Ethical ,,, Maybe. Fair to the resulting child ... NO WAY!
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 10:40 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• There ARE women who go through menopause extremely young, like in their 20's. So, should they be denied the chance to have a child because Mother Nature played a cruel trick on their bodies? I personally wouldn't want to have a child later in life, but it's not really for me to judge someone else's choice.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:57 AM on Jul. 8, 2010