How to have energy to workout in the morning?

Hello, I am signing up for a workout class but it starts at 6am!! Anyways, it seems no matter what time I go to sleep, I can't seem to get up before 7 and I feel groggy and fatigued at least an hour or 2 after that. So I need tips and advice on getting enough energy to workout at 6am! Thanks!

lil_angel00

Asked by lil_angel00 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• First of all, the workout will wake you up, and then after a few days, you'll be getting up just fine. If you're a coffee drinker, just take a sip or two before you leave for your class. I do that before my runs on particularly hard-to-wake-up days.

sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 10:34 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• its nit about energy its about motivation so if you dont have it you wont workout in the morning
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 10:35 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• There are alot of times I don't feel like getting up and working out, but you just have to make yourself do it. Get yourself up and and once you start moving around you will get energy. Just keep it up and after a little while it will become routine just like everything else you do everyday and then it won't be so hard. I do agree with Mommy2JoshNJake you need motivation, try inviting a friend to the class. If you know someone else is counting on you, you'll be more likely to stick with it.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 10:43 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• The workout will give you more energy!!! Once you start going regularly it will get easier!
    Good luck!!
    echupko

Answer by echupko at 1:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• First, go to bed early enough to get at least 7 hours of sleep. It will take a few days but your body will get use to this routine. Before you go workout have a LIGHT/SMALL breakfast to jump start your metabolism and gives your energy. The natural sugar in an apple, bananna, handful of berries on small helping of oatmeal is ideal to give you the boost. It is medically proven that a cup of coffee will actually aid in your workout and you will be able to perform longer and with more impact, really any more than one or two will make you jittery. Then finish the workout with a meal full of protein which aids in repairing and building your muscles from the work out. Its more habit and in no time you will be looking forward to your morning workout when you see how energized you feel after your class.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Can you get energy vitamins at the health food store? I remember a million years ago when I used to run 3 miles a day, I took these energy pills. I got them at GNC. They really helped me, but I have no idea what they were called. I'm not really a help, am I?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I always drink coffee before I run, and I used to hit the gym at 5 AM. Since I am semi-retired, I now run around 9Am.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Well once you get into the routine, then getting more exercise should give you more energy. I know that doesn't answer your question but at least it might make you feel better!
    What works for me is to tell myself I'll just do one mile, or just ten minutes. Then of course once I'm up and running I keep going. Not sure if you could fool yourself though since it's a class... Maybe you can tell yourself you have to get up that early even if you don't work out? Then once you're up you might as well go work out right?
    Is there something you can reward yourself with? That often works for me to keeo me going, or to get mysself to run faster.
    ...This is a tough question, b/c what works for some may or may not work for you. Good luck!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 10:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2010