How do u know ur marriage is over?

We don't have sex hardly at all, because he never acts like he wants it when I try to have sex he laughs n asks whats this, he plays xbox all the time instead of spending time with me and our children, he hardly hugs, and kisses me, he sleeps on the edge of the bed, we hardly talk.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Ask him if he still loves you. If not, its over. If he does you can still salvage your marriage.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:35 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• he's getting it somewhere else. be careful and do ur homework. tell him its not gonna work out like this. doesn't sound like much of a marriage if u ask me, but try talking to him first and see what he says. be clear and use details.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 10:35 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• When you get to the point where you just don't care anymore, don't want to fight for your relationship, it's over. (At least it was for me.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:35 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I think I got that place and told him if something didn't change I was out. Then WE both worked hard to get back to a place we were both happy with. If your marriage is worth it then stand up for it. There are so many other reasons this is going on, it doesn't have to be another woman. Hope it all works out.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 10:39 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I'm going thru this now, but I tired of doing all the work, he doesn't want to do anything to workout our problems.So I've tthrown in the towel.
    carolefiore54

Answer by carolefiore54 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Only you can answer that question. Make sure if you walk away you have at least tried to save it first.
    LuvOurFamily

Answer by LuvOurFamily at 10:45 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Well I wouldn't say it's over, you just need to find your way back to eachother and right now he is so lost into the world of video games that he forgot he was supposed to have a relationship with you. Relationships are a 2 way street and when a man gets involved in something else he looses sight of what matters. my first husband loves the TV!! and naps..He would spend 8 hours in front of the tV and then take a 3 hour nap.
    I got tired of i t because he wouldn't listen to me when I would tell him how I feel about his TV obsession. so one day when he was at worked I packed up his things and dropped it off at his truck at work with a note telling him to not come home until he changes. We worked it out and things lasted another 18 months. I just couldn't do it anymore, I needed a man who paid attention to me not a TV...in your case it's video games.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 10:51 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Wait a second. If he is at home all he time,plays the Xbox all the time,practically ignoresyou and your children and sleeps at the edge of the bed,and you know he isnt going else where and hooking up,then he may be depressed and need medication. Its time you and he take a walk and have a serious conversation,honey. Regardless of what you think is going on,you need to get things out in the open and know where you stand. You have a right to know. You deserve better than to sit around,being neglected while he sits in his own Xbox world and does his own thing. Its not fair to you or your children. Either he cares enough for the marriage to make a difference in his actions or he doesnt,but you need to call him out on it and it's time things change. You are the one who can make it happen. One way or another,you need to know.
    phall1069

Answer by phall1069 at 10:58 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• So there is something wrong. Too many people rip apart thier marriage and the lives of thier children over stupid things. Have you talked it out, been to marriage counseling, tried marriage help books and seminars? Communication and sex are honestly what keeps a marriage strong. So get him to do both for at least a few minutes.

I would never get a divorce no matter what because I am a Christian and believe that marriage is sacred, given by God, and permanent.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 11:09 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Come on, all the women in here know what this idiot is doing. He is mowing the lawn elsewhere honey.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 7:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2010