Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

how do you leave relationship when

you have put your professional life on hold for years to be a sahm, and have no power, money or resources.

how do you get enough money to start over?

I am NEEDING to leave a relationship that is not what i thought it was

openness after five years is NOT honesty


Asked by fiatpax at 10:37 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Relationships

Level 46 (221,572 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • You start networking, speaking to people, acquaintances or friends who can appreciate your strengths and talents. Most people I know get good jobs this way. If that isn't an option, try temp services. There was one in a town I used to live in which helped women who had been SAHMs to reenter the workplace. Maybe your state employment office can help you find a program.

    Answer by LauraMi261 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

  • Start planning; send out resumes, sort out your finances, start putting money back if you are able to. I planned for a year before I left my ex. I was working throughout that time, but it was still hard starting over. For what it's worth, it was very worth it.

    Answer by Scuba at 10:39 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

  • Find a family member to live with then file for custody before actually leaving so he cannot take the kids. (most courts will not charge you to file with no money) Then get on government child care assistance (in Colorado its called CCCAP Colorado Child Care Assistance Program) then find a job. Save money until you're on your feet.
    Best of luck and God bless!

    Answer by ABusyBee at 10:41 AM on Jul. 8, 2010