Shark Mops

Do you own a shark Mop and how do they work since there are no chemicals only water. Are they really that sanitary? Thanks for answering!

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:43 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have one and it is good. However I just read in consumer reports that there is one that is better. I wish that would have come out before I got it.
    It does not need chemicals and the steam is hot hot hot. (duh steam) I steamed my big toe once not fun. I used several pads (I purchased extra) to clean my rather large kitchen it is 40 feet long by 15 f. wide. I have large tiles and the grout is not ever cleaned like when you had scrub it. However I would never hand scrub it. The floor feels so clean on a bare foot. Hope this answers your questions.If you want me to look up the brand that consumer reports puts as number one pm me and I will look for ya.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have one and I LOVE it! ~ It forces hot steam out of the mop and it cleans better than any mop I have ever used. I dont like chemicals anyway, so I love that my floor is clean without them. The best part is that it dries almost immediately, so you dont need to keep the kids off of it!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 11:04 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have a shark mop that you can use both sides of cost $119 and absolutely love it! It does a fantastic job better then my Hoover Floormate and the box says that it does sanitize. I have heard that the cheaper version has a flimsy handle (I checked it out on Amazon.com comments but this one is very sturdy with a long cord.
    RaisnKids

Answer by RaisnKids at 11:42 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• No I use T-bar mops because they are sanitary and do not leave streaks.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I don't know how they work but here is a bump!
    sukainah

Answer by sukainah at 10:53 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• AbusyMom--- what is a T-Bar Mop?
    Moms_Angels1960

Comment by Moms_Angels1960 (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2010