Define "Discreet" When Breastfeeding?

Please define for me, "Discreet" breastfeeding. Does that mean completely AWAY from EVERYONE?

Listen about 10 minutes in- You'll see my point.

What would you describe as "Discreet breastfeeding"... Does that mean pumping milk to feed your child so that no one will ever know you are breastfeeding?
Does it mean being covered?
Does it mean going into a filthy restroom stall?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 11:00 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Nicole. your profile pic shows more breast than I ever did...and I NEVER tried to cover. Those creepy men you mention have you stripped nekkid the instant they see you...even if you were wearing a burqa. In fact, they probably would be LESS turned on by reality than what's in their filthy minds! Reality is usually so much less pleasant...all those blue veins, y'know.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• "Descreet breastfeeding" means don't look at me if you are afraid you might catch a nip slip.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 11:38 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I think it just means being covered so that nobody else sees the woman's breast.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:01 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• um..don't have time to watch 10mins of video..but for me, it would mean to cover myself, while the baby BFed, or possibly going to a quiet, less populated area so as not to disturb the baby's feeding..i wouldn't care what passersby thought or said. screw them.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:02 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I say who really cares. pop out the tit and feed your kid : )
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 11:03 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Discreet is a personal definition. I covered my daughter until she was latched on and threw the blanket off. We live in central TX it was/is over 90 degrees everyday. I wouldn't want to eat in that kind of heat. She is just a bitter person. I welcomed anyone to say anything to me while I was feeding my daughter in public. Because if you could tell, you were too close. Some people just need to get a life.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:05 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Unless you personally would eat under a blanket, then don't tell a BF'ing mother that she needs to cover her child. I say discreet is when a mother does not make a big deal of feeding her child, she just does it wherever she is like it's not a big deal cause it's really not.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:05 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I agree with those who say to go to an unpopulated location and use a lightweight burp cloth to cover yourself. It's what I did. I found the higher end anchor stores in the malls I frequented to have very nice "lounge areas" prior to entering the bathroom stall area that were quite sufficient--relaxing, and included changing tables. No one so much as blinked at me funny.

I also used to pump ahead of time, and had breastmilk available in the event I couldn't get to one of the lounge areas I am talking about.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:07 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Why is it wrong for a woman to show her nipple while feeding her child, but men can go around bare chested showing off their nipples and no one cares?   Nipples are nipples, the only difference is women's nipples are useful while men's are not.

While I did my best to be discreet, I'm not offended by those who are less modest.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I don't believe a woman should have to cover herself or her baby while they are feeding however she should have enough discretion to do so without trying to draw attention to herself by leaving her breasts exposed when they aren't in use.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2010