Group for only black stay at home moms?

So I cannot join unless I am black?
Racist? or is it Okay?
Why? Why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• if you are not black, why would you want to join?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It's racist for sure. SOrry don't like it with ANY race! I am white I am a stay at home mom. If I made a white stay at home mom group I would be racist. Why is it OK the other way around?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Some will say that it's okay, but IMHO, I feel that it is a double-standard because if there was a group for all white moms, people would be throwing up the racist card left and right. So yes, when people divide themselves from others based on their race, I feel that they are being racist.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:08 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• that is to bad, but they can do that. Of course it is racist.

start your own group red hair only LOL
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:08 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• This has been a sore point on CM for quite a while. There's plenty of groups specific to certain races or ethnicities, but none for whites. They keep getting shut down.

You may want to check the group rules. I've seen some that allow in any race.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:09 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Oh, this has been asked tons of times on here and it always gets deleted. There are numerous reports out there about this that I have read. I will find the website where I found it reported and let ya know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• start your own group red hair only LOL

It's been done and didn't last either.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:20 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• These are the freedoms of this country, birds of a feather will stick together, I do not see anything wrong with it.

Answer by older at 11:32 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Have you asked to join? The group only has two members at this point.

I personally don't think it's fair that white women are not allowed to have a "white" group on Cafemom. But, hey, life isn't fair. And Cafemom is not a public site (by that I mean, isn't paid for by public funds, i.e. taxes). So they get to make the rules. If you don't like the rules, you don't have to be on Cafemom. You are free to start a website just for white moms with 6 toes on their left foot if that tickles your fancy.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 11:51 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I've been on this site since it began so I've seen this argument pop up time affter time. If I am recealling the rules correctly, Cafemom considers it a group in which members can discuss things which are particular to a specific ethnicity (Such as recipes, hair care products etc.) This is why a hispanics moms group is allowed or a german moms group, swedish moms group etc. However, you cannot be denied access to any of those groups because you are not of the same ethnic background. If this occurs you would need to contact the team. Though I'm not sure how a home would be run differently based on ethnicity except in the kitchen department in regards to recipes.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2010