For the SAHM's, what's your favorite and least favorite thing about it?

My favorite thing is that I get to spend quality time with my daughter. I love being able to sit with her, teach her new things and play with her. I feel like if I had a job right now, I'd miss out on so much. She's only 22 months old. My least favorite thing about it is how boring it can get sometimes, just sitting around the house!

poptart0325

Asked by poptart0325 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I love that we have the freedom to make plans without worrying about work schedules. Today I take them to swim from 12 to 1, then to karate from 4 to 5:15. We can go out for pancakes today, and I plan to take them to Kohl's to buy the totally cool Super Mario back pack my 5 year old has been wanting. We have activities 5 days a week, and I never have to worry that they will miss out. They also have a dentist appointment next Wednesday in the middle of the day, and that's no biggie either. We also take 2 or 3 day trips to California about once a month, and we always go in the middle of the week so we don't have to deal with as many crowds. My husband is self employed so his schedule is full but flexible. With a 5 and 8 year old, it's never boring around here.

The thing I like least is that sometimes I feel a little less like myself. After this many years, I'm not sure who I am sometimes, aside from being a mom.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I really do love spending time with my kids. And they need me, even at 13 and 9. I feel like I'm able to steer them in the right direction and have real conversations with them.
    Also, I love to cook and it takes time to do it well. I love having the time to feed my family really great dinners.
    And what other job would give me the time and the mental space I need to write?

My least favorite thing? Cleaning. *sigh* It's true. My house isn't spotless. It's fairly tidy and the important stuff is clean, but my bedroom looks like a tornado hit it right now.
    SusanTheWriter

Answer by SusanTheWriter at 11:18 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I love being at home when the boys get home from school. They are so excited to tell me how their day has gone. I love being here with my lil one, playing with him and watching him learn things.

My least fav? I guess it is the isolation. I live in the country, 45 mins from the nearest walmart and 30 mins from the nearest grocery store. When we get in the car, the boys ask, are we going to town? *insert Little House on the Prarie theme here* lol
    wahea

Answer by wahea at 11:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2010