Travel Crib, Play yards

I posted this question somewhere but I can't find it on here.

Can someone recommend a big size play yard. I received the Graco lite travel crib as a present recently but my 27 inches baby is too long to fit in it. There's an inch left lengthwise. Any recommendation for a bigger size one? If he grows longer fast, he won't be able to fit any of this play travel crib in a few months.
It will be used mainly at grandma's place for sleeping, napping and playing. Any recommendation is most appreciated.

Thank you.

pvn34

Asked by pvn34 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Shopping

• The babybjorn travel cribs looks larger than the graco ones but I can't find the exact specs on it.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 11:19 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I don't know if I would bother with it. We got one for my first child and used it maybe twice. When we travelled he slept in our bed. We never used it as a playpen. Then when we had my third, we thought we needed it again for some reason. We put it in our room and used it instead of a bassinet. Once we moved him to his crib we never used it again.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:20 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Pull the bassinet out...it should be around 32" in the bottom. He should fit.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:23 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Don't know.  I've seen some that look pretty big at Babies R Us.

We got ours 10 years ago and it has seen a lot of use.  All 4 of my kids have used it as a bed at some point because we couldn't afford 3 cribs.  My 4yo used it from the time she was born until just before she turned 2.  It was her crib.  She was way too tall for it by then but she was too little for a bed before then.  She would either stretch out at an angle or curl into a ball when she slept or sometimes put her feet up on the wall.  She was really mad when we took it away and gave her the bed.  Our last is due in a few days and he/she will also be using it.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:24 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:25 AM on Jul. 8, 2010