SIL in the hospital?

My husband called me last Friday and told me his sister was in the hospital because she had a stroke. She is pregnant and her baby is due next month. I was really worried and called my MIL because I just figured she would be the one to call. I left her a message that said I was worried and that I heard her daughter was in the hospital and I wanted to know what was going on. Well she didn't call back so the next day I tried again but didn't leave a message. Well my MIL sent me a TXT for the 4th so I sent one back asking how my SIL was and she sent me a TXT back saying I should TXT her (my SIL has only txt she can not talk) and ask her. That really hurt my feelings I just felt like I got the cold shoulder. So anyway I called their grandparents and asked them and they have no idea what is going on, they had not heard that at all. What the heck is going on? I would TXT my SIL but she lies so much that I don't know what to believe.

Savymom25

Asked by Savymom25 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Text the SIL and ask...Your DH doesn't know whats going on?
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 11:22 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Go visit her, if not text her.

Your MIL is right you should contact her, it shows you care. I don't think she is being mean, just honest.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• They are probably so caught up in worry and this is why they didn't call, go visit her.

Answer by older at 11:24 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I'd go visit her if you could. Or text her if you can't. I agree with KFree.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 11:26 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• That is just it, My husband always hears less or more in a conversation. He does not listen to the details so when I ask him a question he has no information. they live in a different state or I would just go visit her. I do care about my SIL, that is not the issue. I just can not stand it when I have to get any sort of information from her because she lies so much. I thought my MIL and I had a good relationship but lately she just does not return my phone calls or TXT. I would take about twenty TXT messages and so much information I don't want to know (like how her SO hits her and all this other BS) before I got my answer. Why should it be that way???
    Savymom25

Comment by Savymom25 (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• am I understanding correctly, or do you think that this stroke story may not be true?

I'd see if I could get some info as to what hospital it is and see if they could confirm if she's there. Keep in mind that places have to say that they have no one of that name if they've been told not to give out info- even if the person is there.

I don't know your MIL, but her response is exactly what I would say if I was asked about something I didn't want to get involved in.
    such as perhaps a SIL telling stories.

is there a friend of you SILs you can ask?
    I hope that your SIL is ok, but they whole thing could be a big story.
    best of luck!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2010