BP Oil Spill

Do you feel that BP is doing all they can to stop the spill? Has this situation effected the way you perceive BP? Do you still support BP Stations?

Jakesmom623

Asked by Jakesmom623 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No. I think all tgey are doing is playing the blame game.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 11:30 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yes, they are doing all they are being allowed to do, no it hasn't and I would if they were in my area because I would never try and put some innocent person out of business who was just trying to make a living.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• They have NEVER played by the rules--hence the millions of dollars in fines they have paid for the HUNDREDS of safety violations they have incurred and been responsible for.

When the PRESIDENT of the United States gives a company with a HORRIBLE track record "exclusive exemptions" to environmental impact studies, inspections and adherence to safety protocols and policies, as a thank you for the significant campaign donation BP gave him, you have a problem.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:39 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My neighbor owns the two BP stations where we live so I do support him. If his station were to shut down they would lose their home and everything they worked for. Since the oil companies share pipelines the gas I buy at another station could still be oil pumped by BP so unless a person is willing to not drive and not buy anything that is petroleum based they really can't boycott BP. They are simply boycotting the station owners who had nothing to do with the spill.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I wouldn't really know. I don't feel like we are getting the whole story and I think they are telling us what we want to hear. Personally, I don't feel that they are doing everything they can, nor is the government doing everything they can to aid in the clean up. There seems to be a huge blockade of information and I doubt we will ever get the whole story. JMO.

As for supporting them?  I don't believe so.  I have a gas station that I use (which isn't a BP station), but it's always possible for them to purchase their fuel from BP.  I won't purposely boycott BP.  I usually just buy gas from the least expensive source and preferably at stations I am familiar with.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:40 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I think they are doing all they can. I support them. I think they should have done things alot differently but they are looking to fix the problem so people need to get off their backs.
    sweet2bmom

Answer by sweet2bmom at 12:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I will go to BP just like I will go to any gas station. People not going to the BP gas stations because of the oil spill puts the store out of customers and does not hurt the industery..if your against BP then stop driving all together and stop buying anything with pertrolium in it.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• they are not doing all they can and this oil spill was planned so that people would forget about the economy and how it is falling. A disaster was and is a great way to get people to stop thinking about the economy and the promises that obama has yet to fill. And those of you who think that this was just an accident you are wrong. bp was one of obama's top contributors when he was running for president. also those who owned a ton of stock in bp sold all of there stock three weeks before this happened. why would they sell there stock if they did not know this was going to happen.

and yes lori keet i do think that the government looks out for its self and doesn't care about the American people. and i did serve this country.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 2:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• LOLOL....the oil spill is designed to make everyone forget about the Economy? Yah,right. WHat the heck?How delusional.
    BP didn't care if their equipment would fail and the fact that the Oil Industry was Deregulated didn't help either. WHen was the Oil company deregulation? Reagan and Bush ring a bell? They wanted Government off the backs of Industry....make sense? No. That allowed the big oil companies free rein. And no responsibility for safety and no concerns for the emnvironment.
    Umm...Google it ...it was years ago. Not Obama's fault.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:01 AM on Jul. 9, 2010