Lots of people living here and NO cleaning happening!! HELP.

My husband, daughter, and I live with my mother and father in law. They have three other kids and no cleaning gets done except by me and my MIL. My FIL yells at people all the time for the mess but my MIL doesnt really make the kids do anything. What schedule or idea should we use for these people? We arent including our husbands who work all day, or my daughter who is under 2.
Heather, 14 in school
Kimberliee, 12 in school
William, 17 not in school and no job
Me, 17 in school
My MIL

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Put a sign over the kitchen sink that says, "You use it you wash it"

most important you and your MIL must stick together to make the others help.

Just put a list of things they have to do on their bedroom door and just have a meeting and tell them it is time to work together.

Get the 17-year old to do the yard work and his laundry.

Good Luck
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:38 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I know what you are going through. We lived with in laws when we were first married and my MIL does not clean at all. It was her house though so I just cleaned what I used. When they lost their house and had to move in with me- in a 2 bedroom apartment- they were dirty. I had just gave birth to my daughter who was jaundice, anemic, and premature, and I had the flu. When we got home there was dishes in the sink, on the counter, clothes on the floor, It looked like someone trashed my house. I had finally had enough and told my hubby they had to go. We all had a rumble but in the end it all worked out. I should mention it was my dh, myself, a 2 yr old son, and newborn baby girl. For in laws there was MIL, FIL, and BrotherIL who was not working just lazed around playing video games ALL DAY LONG
    sweet2bmom

Answer by sweet2bmom at 11:49 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Have a family meeting and discuss this. But it is really your MIL's resposibility to see to it that others help out.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2010