Has anyone taken melitonin during pregnancy?

Im considering taking it to help me sleep this is my 3rd kid, and i just cant sleep. Im waiting for my doc to call me back as i wouldnt take it if she advised me not too. But, i was just wondering if you have taken it.

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 11:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No, not during pregnancy.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I don't even know what that is, so I am no help. Try a hot bath to help and relax you so you can fall asleep better, I have heard that lavender oil helps out a lot too.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 11:42 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• No. I have used it when I wasn't pregnant, and considered using it during pregnancy when I couldn't sleep. But then I did some reading and found that it is NOT recommended for use by pregnant women because they just don't know the effects it could have on the fetus. Try some warm milk and a hot bath. Not ideal, I know!

Answer by missanc at 12:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2010