Why do you get sick when you're pregnant?!

Is it because your body is hating having to carry a baby? Is it because the baby is taking all your nutrients and leaving you dizzy and sick? Is it because you're not ready to have a baby, or because your body is making sure you are ready to have a baby!?
I've been googling this and I can't find an answer, just that you know you're pregnant if you're sick and missed your period...
I just think there's already pain in the end, when the baby comes out, so why is there all the pain in the beginning, too!? LoLs, please help!

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 11:51 AM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Part of God's punishment for the fruit.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 11:51 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I think it has something to do with smells. That is why you are able to eat things like lunch meat sandiches and crackers they have no scent. Something about our senses being stronger.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• You will find an explanation on ezinearticles. Also, try WebMd. Some say it is from the progesterone hormone while other theories say it is becaused of a pregnant woman's enhanced sense of smell. Don't know.......I do know one day I walked in the grocery and smelled onions and had to leave immediately! LOL
    Jakesmom623

Answer by Jakesmom623 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I think it also has to do with lack of nutrients because as you said the baby takes a lot of it from you.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It's all the hormones that are present because you are pregnant that make you feel sick. If you just think about how transitional those nine months are in preparing to give birth to a new human being.It's quite amazing in its own right. I only got sick trying to make certain foods during pregnancy. They made me nauseous to smell certain foods cooking.I never experienced "Morning Sickness" like some women do. I felt lucky for that.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It could be your prenatals if you are taking them. it can make you nauseous. I diidn't do prenatals, i took liquid chlorophyl/or floradix for iton, liquid calcium, and brewers yeast. I didn't have any morning sickness.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2010