Is it rude to ask a question and not pick a best answer?

I was just wondering because I get picked for best answers but don't really do it myself. I just went through some of my questions and picked some, but thought I would ask because until now I have never done it. Do you always select a best answer even if you get limited answers and none you agree with? Or do you only pick a best answer if it is in fact the best answer?

Savymom25

Asked by Savymom25 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I pick best answers to my questions within 24 hrs of posting them. I want folks to get their points ASAP

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Picking a best answer CLOSES the question. What IF someone has a better answer but the question has already been closed???? You'll miss it!
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 12:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I pick the best answer if it truly is what I consider the best. But do we lose points for closing the question? I find that confusing.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I do pick a best answer on all my questions,

Elizabar you dont lose credit for closing questions just erasing them.

Decker

Answer by Decker at 12:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Ha! I actually posted something similar yesterday, I went through all my old questions and selected best answers, I had questions dating from 3/2009 when I first started on this site. I felt bad but good because I took the time to go back and acknowledged the mommies that help me! Now I am on the clear! I say if you have the time go back and try to close them, now with the point system I am sure we all don't mind getting the extra credit points :)
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I've ALWAYS before the whole credit thing have either picked a best answer or have deleted the question if the question really couldn't have a best answer, especially w/questions like what's the price of milk in your neck of the woods. The points/credits have NOT change my behavior. Frankly, I don't give a flying.... about the points and credits.

Personally, I've always have thought not closing (choosing a best answer) was not right. I don't care if I've been picked, but it does give validation that your question was at least answered.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Well, Best Answer receives 10 points, and if I get Best Answer, I usually write them back and say Thanks!!! But, sometimes, I forget, because I'm too busy, and I just check my e~mail for the responses, easy to forget!!!

I don't think you're bad for not doing it, but I think it helps the other people out who take their time and qrite and answer for your question!

smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 12:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have asked some questions that don't have a best answer...
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I don't think that you lose points for closing the question. I have read on here something about losing points if you delete a question. I am not sure though.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 12:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• You definitely lose points for deleting an ANSWER. Not sure about deleting a QUESTION???
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 12:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2010