Does anyone have a child that likes classical music?

My 4yo daughter is sitting on the couch humming Mozart's "eine kleine nachtmusik". She loves that song and is always asking me to play it online.

My 7yo also likes classical. Her favorite show when she was a toddler was Little Einsteins. Every time I play that song she says it's Little Einsteins and I'm like, no, it's Motzart, lol.

justanotherjen

Asked by justanotherjen at 12:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• All 5 of my kids love it. My DD who is 16 just learned to play Cannon in D for me on her violin...it is my fav! My little one loves "rocket" as he calls the show. We are huge fans of the Nut Cracker and Sleeping Beauty music. We also listen to Motzart for the Mind when doing homework
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My 8 year old always requests the classical music station. Or Blue October or Nine Inch Nails. He's well rounded in his musical tastes, LOL.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My 13yo regularly listens to the classical music station on the radio in her room.
    SusanTheWriter

Answer by SusanTheWriter at 12:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My 14y/o likes it. He downloaded a lot of it along with new stuff. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My 12 year old loves it and all my children are used to hearing it. I play the piano and most of what I know from memory is classical from competitions I used to play in, so they hear it all the time. Also, it's what I used to put my 12 year old to sleep when he was a baby.

Answer by missanc at 1:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• yup. since they were little esp. my son .. he would call it "relaxy" music and ask for it. Their tastes tend to be eclectic (like mom's) he also likes country, pop, hip-hop but not so into reggae which I love. DD does like reggae and latin music too (she likes anything she can dance to) but not so much country. LOL
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 3:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• my 4 mo and my 2yr old love it...........especially betoven! lol
    allforthelove

Answer by allforthelove at 3:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I love Tchaikovsky (the Nutcracker, etc).   I have a CD somewhere that has a few of his more famous pieces.  I think it has parts of Romeo & Juliet, Swan Lake, something else and the 1812 Overture.  I used to listen to it all the time while working on papers in college.  It's good typing music.

After I posted the question I was looking on YouTube at some classical music and now I have the overture from Bizet's Carmen stuck in my head.  I remember we had to play it in orchestra when I was in high school (I played the violin).

justanotherjen

Comment by justanotherjen (original poster) at 11:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2010