overheard phone call

I was at goodwill looking at books when I heard this woman make a phone call. She said,"hi hon,is she still doing it? Well what I do is start praying as you climb the stairs. When you reach her room,start praying over her crib. Usually if you pray hard enough,she'll settle down.Call me if you have any further troubles,love you hon!" WTH do you think that was about?!?!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• um wow. praying the baby will stop a fit? has that really ever worked for anyone?
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• sounds like she was giving advise to one frazzeled mommy!
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 12:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Praying that she will stop crying?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• As long asd the Mom also picks up and cares for the baby I don't see a problem.
    jamesmommy512

Answer by jamesmommy512 at 12:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Agree with lovemybaby283. They have ways of dealing with things that you may deal with differently. And it wasn't necessarily a fit.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 12:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I was confused by the "if you pray hard enough she'll stop' part. If the baby is crying,don't stand there praying,do something or leave her be!

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• well maybe praying gives her a level head and more patience?
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 12:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I agree with blue glass mama - if nothing else it probably clears her mind. nothing wrong with that.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• maybe the tone of her voice is soothing and calms the baby, reading doctor suess use to work for gd
    deesam

Answer by deesam at 1:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I overheard a really funny one too!!! Me and 2 of my best friends were at Olive Garden...they seated us across the aisle from a large group of ladies probably in their 60's. When they brought our food it got a little quiet at our table and we heard one of those ladies say "No! I haven't called her. I'm not gonna call her! I just can't deal with her anymore, the last time I called her she tried to tell me she was a super-hero"....I laughed so hard I almost fell outta my chair!!!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 2:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2010