I have 2 1/2 yr old twins that are potty trained. I have a baby on the way, suggestions on...

I have a baby on the way and with the twins being potty trained they have to use the potty often. Any suggestions on how to make it easier on myself for when the baby come...with the frequent use times two of the potty, wiping, they do not like being alone, and I have to pick them up for the big potty (my daughter prefers the big potty).

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 12:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe always have one go when the other does. Have them try to wipe themselves every time then you wipe after. Hopefully when the baby comes they can do it themselves. I would get them both on the big potty. It's easier, no cleaning.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Move the potties and get a Moby wrap to carry baby with you and be hands free.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• you could always move thier pottys to a more convenient place during recovery untill your energy is high again
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Wear your baby. Teach them how to wipe small messes, potty together, and make sure they have easy pants they can pull on and off themselves.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• get a step stool for the big potty and the sink. maybe have a friend or family stay with you for a few weeks or just hang out with you during the day for a few weeks to help them get settled.... be prepared for a regression in training its normal with a new baby ..............and remember to enjoy the time you have to spend with them now (before baby comes) and take advantage of it while you can to build them up in confidence and love. wearing your baby sounds like a good idea too..........ive never done that but i hear it works wonders.....lol
    allforthelove

Answer by allforthelove at 3:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2010