My daughter, almost 3 wakes up crying and throwing fits to get what she wants and goes to bed pretty much the same way!

We've tried ignoring the behavior, telling her we'll help her when she calms down and can ask without whining but its just not working. My hubbie and I are at our wits end. Could something be wrong with her?

mkarpel

Asked by mkarpel at 12:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• wakes up from a nap? or bedtime?
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yep, she's three! =)
    I feel for you. What kind of discipline do you use? If you don't feel comfortable spanking, is there a consistent system that you use? It's really hard to outlast young children, but once you ignore her or sit her in time out long enough, she'll come around!
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Be consistent. Ignore her. Put her back to bed. DO NOT give in or she WILL keep it up. Good Luck! :-D
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• So she wakes up crabby and goes to bed crabby? Or she wakes up fine until she wants something and gets set off instantly ?? Has this been a recent change or typical??
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I'd be consistent with it. How many times has it 'not worked'? you may just have to keep with it until it does
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2010