Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps


I have been on and off about calling only because it is my brother in laws GF (not his kid) he has told her it is not right what she is doing but she doesn't listen

I have witnessed her smoking weed infront of the 13 month old boy and she sleeps in until 12 or 1 WHILE the lil boy is still in his playpen and when she wakes up she just feeds him kix!!! to me that lil boy deserves alot more than kix for not being fed breakfast or lunch on time

would you call CPS on her would they do anything? i just feel so bad for this lil boy he deserves so much more....and btw spanks him....i do believe in spanking myself but i rarely rarely do it..but to a 13 month old that is learning right from wrong?

Thank you for your imput

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (11)
  • Well, I would question your brother for one and why he is interested in someone like this? For two, if you feel this child is being mistreaten and harmed then yes, I would call CPS. GL

    Answer by allfiller at 12:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

  • If she smokes in front of her child then yes you need to call. She could at least smoke outside away from her child. If you do report her do not lie about anything when you tell them your concerns. There are so many people that add things that are lies and don't need to.

    Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

  • here ill make it easy call if you feel its right i just did on my brothers gf and than him they are both heavily into shooting heroine and o.cs with 6 kids and not taking care of them properly the 13 yr old takes care of the 11 yr old, 9 yrold,2yr old, and 8 month old and the 16 yr old moved to ca to be with his junkie mother i have offered to take the kids till they get clean but they refuse you better bet your ass ill be calling everyday till something happens

    Answer by jennette0704 at 12:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

  • Spanking a child that young is only going to make him more aggressive later on. I don't know about the state you live in, but here in Kentucky CPS say that it's okay for the parents to do drugs, as long as the child isn't around while they're doing it. Of course the parent is going to say "well he wasn't here when I was smoking, etc"...Sounds like the child is being neglected more than anything else. Maybe after they investigate she will straighten up a bit. I would definitely report it, but I doubt any action will be taken. Poor baby, I can't stand parents like this!!!

    Answer by LuvMyDestiny at 12:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

  • Yikes, Seriously, call and report her. She doesnt want to be a mother. That child deserves a family that will love him. Why not offer to take him for awhile so that you know he is being cared for?

    Answer by Alexsmom04 at 12:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

  • I would call and report it and not think twice about it. I would also be all over my brother about letting her be that way with the child!

    Answer by mommy11260 at 1:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

  • I'd make that call and make it fast- btw, I would let a friend witness what is going on so they can call too. when more than one person makes the call it holds more water in the situation.

    Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

  • Your brother should think about the possibility of her getting pregnant, then doing this to his child.

    I wouldn't blame you a bit if you called. I've known people over the years who have smoked pot in front of their kids, and it has never turned out good. Either the kids never finish high school, always get in trouble, and/or start using drugs themselves.

    Some of these parents decide to "homeschool" their kids because they are worried about the kids telling someone that the parent is smoking pot. Not all of them actually use a homeschool curriculum, though, and the kids are robbed of the chance to get an education. Then they are totally lost if they try to go to college, and have to take tons of remedial classes before they can even do it.

    For goodness sake, you'd think she could make the kid a PBJ at least instead of juts Kix!

    Answer by Iamgr8teful at 1:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

  • If you know that she is smoking pot in front of her son, and not feeding him, I would call the police first. Tell them that there is a child who is being neglected and forced to intake marijuana because his mother smokes it with him in the room. Do NOT call CPS first. That could take weeks or months before someone came out to the house. If you call the police, it is usually taken care of that day. Good luck, and that kid is more important than your BIL's girlfriend.


    Answer by krissyvelazquez at 1:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

  • If you honestly feel this child is being neglected...honestly then call.

    Answer by salexander at 3:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.