Would this make you mad too or was I over reacting ?

We stopped by my MILs before going to the store & out to eat.. She had the sprinklers on I told the kids not to get in it because they didnt have extra clothes ( I usually wouldnt care but since we were going somwhere after I didnt want them wet & dirty). She kept saying "OH let them play" and I said no because I didnt have the extra clothes and we had to leave in 15 minutes. I went in to hang her pictures up ( why we stopped there) and when I came back out not only where they in the sprinklers but she had made a "homemade slip & slide" made out of a trashbag.. and not only were they wet but they had mud and big grass stains .... I wasnt even able to let her watch them because 5 minutes later she said she had to go to her friends house... so we then had to go back home with was 45 minutes away ... I usually do not get mad over little things but I have to admit, I was PISSED !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'd be mad too. She disrespected your authority.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yeah, I would be pissed. She was being difficult on purpose, I assure you. Knowing you and she were about to leave.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I would of gotten upset. I also would of said something to her about it and letting her know that if she could not respect me then she would have to earn back your trust.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• And that (what butterfly said) would be EXACTLY why I would be mad too!
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• That would piss me off too. It wouldn't matter to me what happened, it's just the fact that she went against your rules. You take away privileges from children when they misbehave, I think the same goes for adults. For me, it would be the privilege of seeing her grandchildren for awhile.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yeah, I would've been pissed. One, the kids didn't listen and two, your MIL didn't respect your authority over your kids. Hindsight being 20/20, you should've taken the kids in the house with you.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yes that would piss me off too. Especially since she was also getting ready to leave and couldn't help with the mess she created. If you said no to the sprinklers she should have enforced it and helped you out instead of disrespecting your wishes and allowing (and encouraging) your kids to go in them.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• This would piss me off, for sure,
    deesam

Answer by deesam at 12:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I would be really mad. Honestly, I would probably have looked at her and said, well since you are obviously enjoying letting your grandkids play, after I told them not to, why don't you call your friend and tell her you can't possibly make it, since of course you would not want to let your grandkids down by stopping the fun you started!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yes i would probably be mad too...no i know i would!!!
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 1:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2010