Am i watering my plants with too much water?

I usually fill up a big size slurpy cup with water and use that to water my plants. Is that too much water. Some of my plants look like they're dying on me.

destinys1

Asked by destinys1 at 12:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• If you know what kind of plant it is look it up online to find out it's water requirements. Some need a lot, some don't. They should have good drainage too. Some need shade, others sun. If they are outside this heat wave is really brutal. Good luck
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• What kinds of plants? Succulents and Cacti don't need as much water. Other plants like the root ball to stay moist, Some need watering from the bottom, some from the top. Your best bet is to look up the watering requirements for each plant.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• There are many reasons for plants to look like they are dying. Indoor plants only need to be watered once a day, need to be fed to continue to grow proper roots, some require you not to give them tap water (I take a sprtizer bottle and fill it with tap) and only give it to the plants after it has been sitting for 24 hours so the chlorine is released during that time, or they are too big for their containers. Additionally you should see if the plants are in trouble because of garden pests that are feeding off the leaves or the roots. Those kind of pests will "suck" the life out of the plants.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 12:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Every plant has different requirements for water and sun. Also, the type of water can have an effect on plants. You can look up that type of thing on the internet.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 3:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2010