mil move in!

Back in December myMIL got a divorce from her creepy husband. They had lived in the same rental house for over years and when they divorced the people they were renting from offered to renovate the house and rent it to my MIL for the same amount that they were paying and she turned it down. So about 2 1/2 months ago she started moving her stuff out with the intentions to find her place. She was suppose to be looking for her own place and until she found it she would be going between her daughters house and ours. Well it's starting to get to me because now there is no more storage room in my house. Our house is small as it is for the four of us but add her stuff to the mix it feels very overwhelming. I have talked to my husband about it but we really aren't sure how to handle this. We know that she isn't looking for a place because we'll it's a small town she could've found one by now but we need the space back in our house.

l0v3myg1rl5

Asked by l0v3myg1rl5 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• You need to sit down and talk this over with her. Your husband needs to be in charge of the conversation. Tell her some of what you have said here. Help her find a place. Get proactive and you'll be happier. Best wishes.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Ask her if she wants some company to help her find the right place for her. Remember that the older we get the more lonely we get and tend to lean toward family to fill in that loneliness. So try to keep her busy with friends and out of the house hobbies. She needs to network and meet people. She might even find a nice guy and want privacy so will happily find her own place then!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• admckenzie she is hardly ever at our house she only stays with us maybe 2 nights a week if that , but it seems like all of her stuff is making it's way into our house or our storage shed.
    l0v3myg1rl5

Comment by l0v3myg1rl5 (original poster) at 12:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Honey,if her stuff is the only thing at your house,count your blessings! I will GLADLY take my MILs crap over her anyday. Just remember,it only a matter of time. No,seriously,maybe you can talk her into renting a storage unit?
    phall1069

Answer by phall1069 at 1:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• could you find her a storage until?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• she has a storage unit and it is filled with all her big items
    l0v3myg1rl5

Comment by l0v3myg1rl5 (original poster) at 1:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Maybe help her go through her stuff...I've had friends do this with me and it helps. Start w/clothes and move into the boxes on the bottom of the pile. How important can that stuff be if she's not using it. Besides, the universe provided he with it the first time she needed it, I'm sure she'll have everything she needs as the years go on....at least tell her that!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 3:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2010