Can sex dislodge you mucous plug?

I'm 37 weeks, and I don't think I've lost it yet, can sex dislodge it? And since I'm so far along will it grow back? Or can labor be soon after?

KaylaMarie425

Asked by KaylaMarie425 at 1:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it can be dislodged if its being repeatedly hit, sue. it doesnt grow back hon., and as for labor, you can lose your plug and not go into labor for weeks, no worries, just take it eay on the crazy circus sex.lol
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• LOL - circus sex!!!!! LMAO!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 1:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• no way. You want that baby out, sex is the best (and most fun) way to go.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I lost my mucus plug three weeks before I went into labor this last time. I went into labor at 37 weeks. With my first, I went into labor as soon as I lost it, but I was full-term.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 1:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I meant to say "sure" not sue...not sure who sue is-but apparently she is having crazy circus sex hee hee. good luck with the lo mama. :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• some women never notice that they lose their mucus plug.
    the semen can help ripen or soften the cervix which can cause your mucus plug to come out.
    remember though, the mucus plug constantly rebuilds itself. so, if you start losing it, it doesn't mean that labor is near, just means that your body is doing what it's supposed to to get ready for labor.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 3:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2010