My mom has a girlfriend.....

So out of the blue my mom who has ALWAYS dated guys told me and my sister yesterday that she has a girlfriend........she is in LOVE.........and they are moving in together.........
WOW.....first let me start off by saying I have always thought people should have the right to love who they want to love and marry who they want to marry.
The way I figure it straight people have had the right to marry this whole time and from the looks of it we have done nothing but F**CK it up.......what is there a 50-65% divorce rate........so let same sex marriage have a shot.........its not like it can get any worse.....
So I guess my question is.......Is my mom a lesbian now or can she still be somewhere in the middle? Someone who just happens to be in love with a women.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• to be honest i dont think women or men are any different. we fall in love with emotions and personalities if a person of the same sex has what attracts you and they like you then go for it (:
    elliebaby

Answer by elliebaby at 3:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It is called Bi-Sexual.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• You need to ask her that. She may have decided to finally admit she is lesbian or she may be bisexual.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• No need to put a label on it. She's an adult that has found love with another consenting adult. That's all that matters, right?
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Sounds like your mom is in love..Just like anyone else. Who cares whether it's with a man or a woman as long as she's happy and not hurting anyone.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I would think that makes her bi, maybe she has always been that way just kept it to her self, bc ppl dont wake up one day saying oh i think im gonna be a lesbian today! She just may have always had it in her! support her!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Sweetie, your mom can just be in a phase where she is feeling unloved, and she's trying to revive that feeling by trying someone fresh and new, maybe she's also trying to feel young. Just give her a chance, and you can blackmail her for your own reasons ;).
    AshleighOlsen

Answer by AshleighOlsen at 1:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• She can be bi sexual, homo, or hetero
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I would think she is bi if she is attracted to both men and woman.

If you really want to know ask her, she seems like she would be honest. Maybe she always felt that way and didn't think it was right. If that is the case then she is gay. Just support her and let her know you still love her.

If she is moving in with her and in love with her.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• sounds like she's bi- but how old is your mom?
    I've heard that more and more older women are forming relationships with women because if nothing else they find it more satisfying late in life to keep company with a woman vs a man-
    that and the lack of men out there.

I'd just do what you can to support her and be happy that she's happy.
    BTW - I look back now at all the sisters that my family knew that lived together. Realizing now that they probably WEREN'T sisters!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2010