Has your kid ever said something that embarrased you in public?

A few weeks ago we were at the store and my 2 year old son saw a little {Mexican} girl with short brown hair and a pink shirt on. He pointed to her and said all excitedly "Dora!!". Other people in the store (including my husband) thought it was funny, but I about died.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LMAO..thats pretty funny!! But heck yah!.. Once, my best friend's new bf (with terribly brown teeth) came over to my house with her and my DD said "Um..you have chocolate bar stuck on your teeth!".. I was sooo embarrassed.. I just pretended like I didn't hear! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Awww, that's really cute! Yea, my 2 year old daughter really likes to ask people if they are moms or dads, but the way she does it it sounds like she's asking if the person is her mom or her dad.. sometimes my face gets pretty pink. Or when we're walking down the aisle and she says "My mama pooooop"... I'd like to crawl into a closet and cover up for a while haha.
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 1:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• She told a cashier at a store "mommy has a bleeding boo boo on her front butt bottom bagina and that's why she's getting the tramps (tampons)" At another store a few months later, she told another cashier when I put the condoms on the counter "daddy's gonna wear the bonbon (condom) so I don't get any sisters. I said I wanted a sister but changed my mind and I don't want one anymore.". Both time, I sort of wished the floor would just swallow us both up! It didn't help that she is loud, so loud, and so clear in her speech, people from 7 or 8 registers over were looking at the girl talking about her mom's condoms. :-)

embarrassed

Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• does ur son saying, "I like 69 count" lol. He meant the # but u know what the rest of the world thought lol
    Walker101

Answer by Walker101 at 1:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• The very first Sunday we went to a new church, while I was talking to some of the women (one being the pastor's wife), my 3 year old runs up to me & says, "Mommy, my pee pee is big!" OMGOSH!!! I wanted to just melted into the floor right that very minute!!! I was so horrified, I swore I would never step foot in that church again... that was 1 1/2 years ago & we're now members of that church!!
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have a Vietnamese friend named Ann and when my son was younger he assumed that all Asian people were her. We walked into a restaurant and the hostess was Asian and he waved excitedly and said "Hi Ann!!!"
    He did the same thing to a lady on the ferry.

Now that he's a bit older he's not quite so innocently racist. Lol.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• GEEZ! Where to begin... There was the time that my son walked up to a man who was smokig as said real loud' That' gonna kill you' or the time my son said 'Mommy that girl is being very bad right? !!' Or The time my son yelled in the middle of Wal-Mart 'No Mommy your hurting me!! Ow! Ow! Ow! stop it!' when I grabbed his hand to keep him from running off. My DD said in the bathroom once 'Mommy are you gonna poop?' Really loud. The lady next to us cracked up. The list could go on and on!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• OH! And the time my son saw very dark complected child and said 'Look Mommy! Why is that boy brown? !!'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• when they throw themselves around and yell :(
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 1:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• oh heck! I've said the same thing when I saw a little girl that looked like dora- (whispered to my husband though)
    you'd be surprised how many dora clones there are out there- I think they are cute!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2010