falling for Barbie late in life-

It was recently suggesting that I do activities my hand for therapy, so I decided to start making the little one barbie doll dresses.
I wasn't a big fan as a kid, I liked the different outfits, but I thought that making a doll walk and talk was stupid.
In my 20s I thought that the doll was evil- projecting a unrealistic body type (which she does)
Now I've fallen in love with the silly doll-
I thought I was the only one, until every woman I walked by in the store said 'oooo! you've got a barbie!'
so maybe it's not just me.........
anyone else?

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My "love affair" with Barbie was short lived...and ended when I was about 9 years old--when the elevator to my Barbie Dream house broke, and my boy cousins cut her hair and stuck pins in her boobs!! LOL

But I am friends with a woman, who is now in her late 50's who has ALWAYS been a fan of Barbie dolls, and who has an EXTENSIVE and very EXPENSIVE Barbie collection---she has a first edition "original" Barbie, and some of her Barbies are wearing Bob Mackie gowns, and other top designer frocks, REAL diamond and gemstone jewelry, and she has them all displayed in a lighted, solid mahogany display case! Don't even get me started on her spare bedroom which has been turned into "Barbie Accessory World!!!" LOL

To each their own. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I totally thought this was going in another direction
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• haha, I thought this was going to be something about your dh or something. lol. I used to just love my barbies as a child. Now, not so much, but I don't have any little girls yet, so if/when I do, I'm sure I'll love them again for them.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 1:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I loved Barbie as a kid and still do as an adult. I also still have all of my Barbies and when my daughter is old enough, she will(maybe) inherit them all. Lol.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I was a late bloomer as far a barbie goes. I was totally into Cabbage Patch dolls. I didn't get into Barbie until most girls were getting into older kid things. I think I was like 11 when I got 'my first' Barbie. I can't wait for my DD to get on e this year for Christmas. She will be 3. She LOVES the ones at her friends house.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• "my boy cousins cut her hair and stuck pins in her boobs!! LOL "

what is it with the pins! the same thing happened with mine! LMAO!

ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• played with her as a child, but not anymore.
    DebbieA

Answer by DebbieA at 3:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• LoriKeet, I would love to meet your friend! :)

I still wander down the Barbie aisle whenever I'm at Target or the toy store. I probably played with my Barbies until I was 11 or 12. I also have some collectible Barbies. They're all at my parent's house, and when my daughter is old enough she will inherit my collection. I cannot wait until she and I can play Barbies together. She's only 5 months old, and I'm counting down the days. :)
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2010