Happily Married?

I may vent about my husband from time to time but I have to say that I am blessed to be married to an amazing man of God.. I have noticed that just because I vent one little thing people seem to think that I am not happily married. I just want to say that I am happily married and I don't understand why one little vent makes me unhappily married?

l0v3myg1rl5

Asked by l0v3myg1rl5 at 1:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it's because some people think that "happily married" means everything is roses and rainbows 24/7.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• that's why i dont even bother to vent. people assume because he did one thing wrong you are going to leave him.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It just means your having one of those days being married doesnt mean you cant have a few bad days :) ((HUGS))
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 1:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Venting is an indication that your are not happy with your life at the moment so it is only normal for people to assume you are.

Answer by older at 1:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• well honestly I think alot of us women are in this section to feel like we are helping some. So sometimes I assume before knowing, kwim? I for one tho dont assume someone isnt happily married based on one vent post. NOW lol if that one vent is "he put my head thru a wall and I shot his penis off" then yes...yes then I might assume lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I would just put venting:

LOL, so you vent to your girlfriends about your kids does that mean your not happy. You bent to her husband about your girlfriends that means you not happy with your girlfriends.

People ASSUME too much, live with your happy marriage, and remember don't sweat the small stuff, and keep on venting......

It is good to vent.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Happily Married yes in deed.... We have 23 years as of May 23rd 2010 and i would not change a thing.. He is a FANTASTIC husband & father .
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 1:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• oh, I get that all the time. If you act like everything is less than perfect people think you are on your way to divorce court.
    but then my husband and I have slept in different beds since 3 months after the wedding. Had nothing to do with being happy. we have a lot more sex than anyone else I know.
    it's because I have sleep disorders.
    who knows why people think what they think. Maybe they are just worried about you.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yeah I love it when I vent and I get a bunch of reply's like "kick his ass" or "throw him out"....those really would create more problems not solve them...a vent needs to be done once in awhile, it is normal and it is healthy. Just like venting about being a parent might come off as sounding like a mom hates her kids but really it isn't the case.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I really don't see why it is important what others think...you live your life. Who cares how others view your marriage?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2010