Sharon Angle's stance on abortion?

Have you seen this? Is it political suicide?

Rape victims should take lemons and make lemonade?

Basically it seems like she thinks abortion should be universally outlawed, even in cases of incest and rape... I'm still cross checking... any external links welcome.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 1:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Any outlying opinion is political suicide anymore. Conform or perish.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• From what I understand, that is her stance. It's so absolutely lacking in compassion and different from what I believe, I can't even imagine voting for her.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 1:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I think this is an issue that will take much more than a sound bite to fully understand. There is a lot more to it than just the "make lemonade from lemons" platitude. If you begin with the premise that God doesn't give you more than you can handle, and that there is a purpose for everything, it can help with understanding her position. I *think* that I mostly understand it, that I can see how she arrives where she does, but it is really hard to put into words. In theory, I pretty much agree with her, that rape and/or incest is not necessarily a case for abortion. Personally I think those two instances are more acceptable reasons for abortion. But just because it is more acceptable does not make it completely justifiable to ME. I don't know if she is right or wrong, if this will help or hurt her. All I can say is given a start point and a belief system, I could arrive at the same conclusion. For whatever that's worth.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• She's a bigot, and a narrow minded hate monger. Plain and simple. Her life, her place to decide, but it'll be a cold day in a certain hot spot before I want her or her ilk making decisions about me or my family.
    truthrowan

Answer by truthrowan at 2:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2010

• She's a peach

Damn rape victims....always making excuses....

This woman needs to fly back to OZ, they are missing their Wicked Witch

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I believe it should be up to the individual.

If they want to abort because of rape or incest.

I don't know what I would do, but I don't know if I could live with a child made from such, anger and hate-with rape or incest. Some people are strong enough to handle it, because the child didn't do anything he/she is innocent.

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

Dumping religious or political ideology on RAPE victims and their choices has nothing to do with conforming

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• which one? she has two sets of positions, her newly scrubbed set and the one's she's trying to sue to have suppressed.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• 29, why should HER premise and HER beliefs dictate the choices of others?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• "If you begin with the premise that God doesn't give you more than you can handle, and that there is a purpose for everything..."

But what about those who don't begin with these premises?  The law should not be based on religious platitudes.

DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 4:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2010