Where to start?

Okay I am totally embarassed by my SS right now and cannot believe what he did! My kids were on the back deck. Gabriel (step son) was riding his scooter. My DD (Lillie) was playing with our bigger dog (Uly). I am inside making lunch (but to be clear I can see them clearly through the window but I was slightly distracted by lunch-this is our daily routine and we have never had any problems before) So Gabriel decides he wants Uly off the deck to go play with Orio (our other dog) So he meant to ram his scooter into Uly but hit Lillie with it instead. WHAT?!? Why would he get an insane idea like that. Our kids dont see voilence and my husband and I are very logical and loving parents. Is this just a boy thing? He seems to get crazy ieas a lot. Not violent ones just ones that make you go "huh?!? Did that REALLY just happen??" He makes me question my parenting but it works on my DD so what is it that needs to happen or is it normal?

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 1:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I agree lol I think it's just a boy thing. He didn't mean anything harmful by it, and kids will be kids. It's nothing to do with your parenting, and boys and girls act differently.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I think it's normal. Don't you remember being a kid and thinking "Hmm, yep, that's a good idea." or "I wonder what would happen if I did this..." and then instantly regretting the decision you made? Lol.

If he wasn't doing it maliciously then I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just explain to him why it wasn't ok and to not do it again.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Addt'l Info
    He will be 5 in October
    ABusyBee

Comment by ABusyBee (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• No, I didn't think like that as a kid I always obeyed my parents. I think I only got in trouble twice as a kid.
    ABusyBee

Comment by ABusyBee (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Sounds normal to me.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• He did think it all the way through probably. He isn't old enough to fully grasp the cause and effect issue. he thought it would be a great idea and figured out wrong. It sounds normal, I wouldn't freak out.
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 2:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2010