How often do you make it your business to clean out the car?

I know it's a dreaded chore to vacuum, dust and clean the inside of the car but it sure makes riding in it a whole lot nicer. You'd be surprised how filthy it can get if not done on a regular basis. I think it also helps preserve the interior of the car too. I would get out there weekly just to make sure everything was clean especially with small children riding in it. Don't you agree?

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Health

• My job (pizza delivery) requires me to maintain a clean car. So I clean it every time I pull into the parking lot.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I clean it when I loose something. :-) Otherwise, there's crap all over all the time.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Oh I wish I was more like you. I don't do it enough.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• We are in our car so much it truly is a pit. I go out about once a month and throw out tons of stuff and detail and vac and stuff. i really wanted to do it today but it SO hot out there and we don't have a garage. I suppose I could just leave it running with the A/C on but it seems just such a waste of gas....
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yea, I agree. I clean out any garbage at least every 2 or 3 days, and vacuum weekly. As far as dusting, that only gets done about once a month.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My car is a traveling toy box/garbage can. It is truly disgusting. Every so often I'll get it nice and clean but in a few days it looks exactly the same.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Honestly speaking, I get any trash (like water bottles, etc) when we get home and throw it away right then. Wash it, vacuum it, armor all it, and treat the leather weekly, wax it monthly. Lol, I know it sounds completely time consuming, but when I do it all like that it hardly takes any time, and the last car I got rid of, I actually got more for it than I gave for it a year earlier, so it works well for me!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I clean once in a while beause i don't drive much. But now that my house is alittle far away from school driving ever day will make me clean the car frequently.I think a car needs weekly cleanup.
    gardenfirst

Answer by gardenfirst at 1:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I want to be more like that!!! I love it when my vehicle is all nice and cleaned out and pretty, but I don't do it like that. But my house is always clean! LOL
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 2:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I always clean it out nightly, we have three kids that leave everything in the car. At least once a month clean, wax etc.
    DebbieA

Answer by DebbieA at 3:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2010