When do you think will be the new "kick-start" to holiday shopping this year?

Some people used to use start July as the starting point. However, I don't know if people will be thinking about holiday shopping early this year becaue of the economy and having to watch their money more closely? Unless you think this will give them good reason to start?

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Holidays

• I am always on the lookout for things to add to my "stash". I keep things in a tote year round, and yes this tote starts really growing to several as the year passes. But, when an unexpected birthday or something comes up, even if I am broke or don't have time to go out and find something, I always have an appropriate gift that way!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I think we'll see if before Halloween and Thanksgiving just as we did last year. For Christmas that is. We'll see Thanksgiving around Halloween and Halloween here in another month. Just like every year.

The stores are hoping that people will be tricked into thinking they'll save money by buying early. All it does is save you time. To save money you wait until after the holiday and buy everything onsale. Then you save it for next year.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I start when I see something that I think would work.
    mommybug77

Answer by mommybug77 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2010

• September - retailers bring out the Christmas stuff earlier and earlier ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2010