What are the top 5+ things you have in your pantry that are non perishable for last minute dinners?

I have a problem coming up with dinners when its at the end of the shopping week. I would like to buy items that I can always have on hand for when the dinners are hard to come by.

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Mac and cheese, canned tuna or chicken, canned veggies and fruits. You can cook the mac and cheese and add in the tuna or chicken and a can of veggies with fruit on the side. This is a great go to meal for us when time or money is tight or we are running low and I don't want to go to the grocery store for whatever reason.
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 1:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• pasta, flour, sugar, corn meal, and veggies
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• frozen veggies, frozen chicken breasts, garlic, salt and pepper
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 2:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Rice, beans, flour, frozen veggies. Those four things can feed you for a week if you need them to.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Pomi tomatoes, or canned tomatoes. We just prefer the stuff in the carton.
    Rice
    Chicken and beef stock
    Pasta/Egg noodles
    Cream of whatever soups if you like them.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Mac and cheese, Noodles, Spaghetti Sauce, Sloppy Joe cans, Hamburger helper boxes. That said you sort of have to have ground beef in the freezer for some of that. We also keep hot dogs on hand, corn dogs, and frozen burritos as well as big bags of shredded cheese. Not the healthiest by any means but my kids eat a lot of fruit as snacks and are all really active. I am the one with the weight problem.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 2:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I usually have brown rice (boil in bag), cans of black beans, macaroni and cheese, soups, and pasta. I have a ton of other stuff too, but those are side items and stuff that I always keep in stock. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• rice, cream of mushroom, canned veggies, brown gravy mix, flour
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• More than five but we always have tons of soup, chili, baked beans and i buy those huge bags of frozen chicken breasts whenever they are on sale. I keep canned tuna for myself and Gortons grilled fillets in the freezer, too.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 2:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Spaghetti noodles and sauce, fettuccine and Alfredo sauce, tuna and tuna helper, stuff for veggie soup (tomato juice, steamed tomatoes, canned carrots, peas, green beans, corn, and potatoes). We keep ground beef and chicken breast in the freezer. Once frozen, it stays good for a while, longer than a month.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2010