Have you had a black out by you yet because of the heat?

They say it may be possible because of the heat getting up there. We've had blackouts before and they can last for days. I remember the last one a year or so ago and it was really bad. Totally unexpected though. Everything requires electricity to run and it really is a big deal when nothing works.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• The one in 2006 when the whole grid went down nationwide. It was a few days and I was pregnant. We were in the middle of a refi on our house that couldn't finish when the fax stopped and what should have been 45 minutes from home and it took more like 4 hours to get home with all the lights out. To make it worse it was a huge classic car weekend in metro Detroit and had borrowed a friend's classic corvette. It overheated if we ran the air while we were standing still. I remember being so hot I wanted to strip off my shirt. We were like an hour and a half late to pick up my son from day care and they fed him dinner. Cell lines were all clogged. We grilled all these Omaha steaks we had in the freezer and ate outside in the dark when it was finally cool enough. It was SO quiet at night I felt my baby move for the first time. Once during a blackout during a snowstorm I broke a microwave trying to sneak some popcorn in really quick
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 2:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Never in my life...and I live in the south. It's always hot here.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Thank God, no. I hope we don't! That would be horrible!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Not here I'm in Tennessee but I've only lived here a few months. We didn't have any in Alabama either. That would such.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 2:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Just 1 brown out (daytime power outage). No black out yet.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 2:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• when I was pregnant I almost did, my son was born in July by May it gets really hot here...I felt it coming but my hubby was with me. Turn out I was dehydrated and the heat just didn't help obviously!

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• No. The last black we had, lasted for days was back in 2003. Never wanna go through that again. It was hot, no pool and an 19 month old didn't go well. Nothing was open around us.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Nope, not here in TN.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• We did for like an hr or 2 a day, but with plenting of warning. The biggest issue we had was the drought and water consumption, but we've had a pretty wet summer so far.
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 3:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2010