What was the final breaking point?

That made you decide to get divorced? Sorry I know it's personal, but I'm just wondering. I'm just at wits end and wondered how I am compared with everyone else.
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I am not divorced but sometimes I feel like I am right there cracking alongside you. I just feel like nothing he or I do is right for each other and more things bother me about him than make me happy. I think he probably feels the same. I am sensitive to how rude he is to the kids sometimes when they just want his attention. We also haven't slept together since January.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 2:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• it took a while for me, but the last straw was being put in the hospital. First, he stole money from my parents, they forgave him so I did too. Then he slipped up and I found out about him cheating, forgave that. He kept cheating, I demanded marriage counseling. Then twice I ended up getting very very sick for no reason, ended up in the hospital (my grandmother took me because she's the one who found me on the floor after my husband refused to take me to the dr) and found out that he had been putting different things in my food to "see what happened." I never pressed charges because we were in a "good ol' Boy" town and I wasn't one of the good ol' boys. So I left the state, he met someone who could stand him, his lawyer contacted mine through a family member, and now I never have to look at him again.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 2:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• When the good consistently outweighed the bad and no sign of getting better. That's when I left. It was the best thing I ever did. I had been holding on not wanting a divorce but sometimes letting go is the best thing for all involved. The fighting stopped and my kids were happy and I was happy. Divorce isn't the end of the world. It's a stage we go through to reflect, regroup and decide how to make our life better.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• For me it was when my husband looked me in the eye and lied to me about something he knew was important to me. I already had the answer to the question, I just wanted him to tell me the truth about it -- but he couldn't/didn't. We had been to months of marriage counseling, and he had promised so many times that he understood how I felt, that he knew I needed to be able to trust him, and that he would stop lying. Having him do that to me was the tip of the iceberg, the second the words came out of his mouth I just knew he had not changed, and was not going to change, and I could not stand that the 1 person in the world I was supposed to be able to trust more than anyone, would lie to me like that.

soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2010