Firefighters for husbands?

Who out there has a firefighter has a husband? My husband is in fire school and this is his 2nd full week. He has taken his state EMT exam and passed and looks like he is really enjoying what he is doing. I was just wondering if anyone has a husband firefighter and what they do with the 48 hours they have off? And do they enjoy what they do?

Savymom25

Asked by Savymom25 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• My sister has been married to a firefighter for 2 years, she has been with him since high school. Her husband works a part time job on one of his off days since she just graduate college with a degree in education and is having trouble finding a job since most of the school districts around her are laying teachers off rather than hiring. His other off day he spends at home doing yardwork or just relaxing.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 2:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I don't have a fire fighter husband....but I wouldn't mind having one ;)
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• oh yeah he loves his job he finished paramedic school last year at 24 (he was the youngest they have had in paramedic training). He is going to start school to be a flight medic. So he will work 24 hours and have 72 hours off.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 2:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• LaciD is paramedic school hard? that is what my husband wants to do next.
    Savymom25

Comment by Savymom25 (original poster) at 2:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Its time consuming and there is a lot of work and studying involved and unfortunately with the county he works for there is not a pay increase. He really likes being in charge of his own ambulance. Usually there is only one EMT and one paramedic per ambulance so the EMT spends the majority of their time driving.

laciD

Answer by laciD at 2:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I think they are HOT lol
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My sister is married to a firefighter for 5 years, been together 12. He has a part-time job maybe 2 days a week and he stays home with their two little boys on days off as well, as my sister also works full time 4 days a week. FFs are the best people ever, I love the ones I know dearly...even the ones that aren't family members!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2010