Is it normal for 7 month old to not sleep thru night?

My daughter is 7 months old. She began sleeping through the night when she was about 3 and half months. However, it only lasted for about 5 weeks. Now, she is waking up once during the night for a bottle and going right back to sleep. That month of continuous sleep really spoiled me. Is this just a phase or did I get my hopes up too quickly? It's been happening for the past 2 months

sophiesunshine

Asked by sophiesunshine at 2:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine did that up until about 18 months when she finally slept thru the night from then on unless she had a bad dream.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• i think phases are normal. sometimes you have to let them cry it out in the middle of the night and they will stop waking up. it only took once for my dd when she was about 10 months. and it only took about 10 minutes.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• She's going through a growing spurt most likely. It usually is just a phase until she plateaus again in growth. It is normal for infants to wake up once/twice during the night. Even as they get closer to a year old.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Sounds normal to me..my son is 6 months and still wakes up once a night..although we will be breaking him of that habit soon, and taking away his night time bottle..
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 2:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• It's normal. Maybe she is teething and wakes up for comfort or she needs to eat a bigger meal before bed, like cereal instead of a bottle.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 2:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Mine did that too. But they were breastfed. That might make a difference. But they slept through the night periodically from about 3 months to about 6months and then waking up again until they were about a year or so.
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 3:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Five hours is considered a sleep through. The VAST majority of babies wake every 3-4 hours on average for needed feeds and/or peeing. They wake more during growth spurts, teething, and new milestones. In the first year, sleep patterns change a lot and a baby may sleep a long stretch one week during a growth spurt and the next wake frequently. All normal. Sleep patterens don't really settle into a more mature pattern until age three or four. Some babies sleep a lot in the first half of the year, but end up waking more later. There is nothing "bad" about a baby that doesn't sleep long stretches of more than four to six hours...they aren't bad sleepers as some say. They are quite normal.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• My daughter did the same thing - she started sleeping for long stretches at night (about 7 hours) at 3-4 months old. Now she only sleeps about 3-4 hours at a stretch. It is totally normal.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 6:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• normal
    douellette

Answer by douellette at 7:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I agree- totally normal!! =O) All of my kids (3) have had phases of sleeping through the night - and phases of waking every 3-4 hrs... somewhere between 18-24m they truly slept through the night for good ( they also nursed this long, so this may have contributed to their wakings past a year???) anyway everything with babies phases in and out. Not sleeping again will too <3

RippledBegonias

Answer by RippledBegonias at 8:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2010