How do you handle your 4 - 5 yr olds attitude?

My daughter will be 5 in November and she has the worst attitude ever! She is always talking back to me..telling me she isn't going to do that. Screaming on the top of her lungs when she doesn't get her way. I am at my wits end with her.

We use the time out chair as well as going to your room. Both seem to be failing on me. What has worked for you?

mommytobrooke

Asked by mommytobrooke at 2:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Consistent discipline. He gets 1 warning and then we use time-outs and revocation of privileges.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Dip your finger in vinegar and swipe it on her tongue. Works great.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I had a very defiant 4/5 year old she refused to clean her room and I went in there with a trash bag and threatened to throw her toys away she told me fine. I bagged them up and along with that I took the T.V. which she didn't like. I also took her toy box and even started taking her bed out of the room because she said she hated me. It was the bed that got her to comply with me. Her toys lined the hallway for weeks as she had to earn back every thing she had. It was hard to see her squirm but I refuse to have my child tell ME no. If I have to take everything she has except the bear necessities the make her see she has it good compaired to others then so be it. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 2:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2010