What is an inappropriate relationship between your husband and your friend?

what is inappropriate when it comes to your husband and your friend? Would it be txting each other? comments one makes to the other? if you were uncomfortable would you say something? who would you approach with it? Could you be reading to much into it and if so how do you know if you are or not? And what if this friend was dating a person in your family, then what? What would be the line you draw? What would make you say "HEY NO MORE OR ELSE?"

Savymom25

Asked by Savymom25 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• if it made me uncomfortable i would talk to my husband about it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Anything that my husband was doing that I was uncomfortable with, I would talk to him about it. Regardless who the other person was, if the way they treated each other made me uncomfortable, even if it was silly, I would tell my husband that I did not like it and why, and work on a way to resolve it.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• If I was uncomfortable with it and suspicious, I'd go to both of them at the same time. Gauge how they react when the other is right there. And so they don't have time to come up with lies to tell. When DH and I first got together I was worried about this. Him and a friend of mine kinda had a "thing" before we hooked up. they weren't serious or anything, but I was still cautious. But now I trust them both. If you're going through this, I'm sorry! I remember how terrible it felt to not trust your SO implicitly I hope your worries prove to unfounded..
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Well, since my friend is a guy, I guess if they were holding hands or kissing. If it was a girl and they said or did anything to make me uncomfortable, it would be stopped. BUT, neither my friend nor my SO would do something like that to me since it's disrespectful.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• If you can't do it in front of your spouse, then it's inappropriate.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 3:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I would approach the husband. What if you approach your friend and she goes to your husband about it? Texting I would say is questionable unless she's looking for you and you don't answer your phone. I am sure some people have friendships where they have all known each other for years before they were married, but in general I'd say this would make me uneasy.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 2:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• my husband has 1 female friend he talks to on the phone periodically and I'm not thrilled about it...before we met it was a few times a week, once we moved in it was about once a month and now that we're married it's 1 or 2 times a year. She's a counselor so sometimes he calls her if he's loking for advice for SD or just to catch up but the conversations last about 20 minutes, where they used to be 1-2 hours! Other than that neither of us maintain any sort of friendships with members of the opposite sex. We are married and I think it's rude. I had a male friend from before we were married and he couldn't understand why our relationship had to change. IMO, it had to change b/c I don't want my DH having lunch w/another woman or having a lady friend over the house when I'm not home. No double standards in this relationship.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 3:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• If I was uncomfortable with a relationship my husband was having with a woman then I would talk to him about it. Luckily that never has nor never will happen.
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 3:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Well if it makes you uncomfortable talk to your DH about it!!!
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 5:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2010