anyone ever get accused of trying to steal someone husband?

seems like I hear that a lot-
she's trying to take my hubby stuff.
curious what a person's story is that actually experienced it.

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• rolling on floorYup. I just laugh and tell them if I wanted a husband I'd have kept one of the three I had!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Once. I was working in a fast food restaurant, in the drive through. I've always called people "hon" or something like that, even at work. I just do it without thinking about it.
    I handed this guy his bag and said "thanks, hon, have a great day" and she just freaked out! She climbed over him and came half out the driver's side window, grabbing at me hollering "so you're the slut trying to take my man! Come on out here, whore, let me kick your ass. Yeah, that's right, back up, be scared!" and all kinds of crazy crap like that.
    I just said "listen lady, I've never seen either of you before" but she wasn't having it. I was scared! I locked the window and hit the alarm button. Hehe, the cops hauled her hiney away less than 5 minutes later and she was still screaming and carrying on!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I've been accused of it before and I despise home-wreckers. My advice to people is that if a person can be, for lack of a better term, "stolen", then they were never yours to begin with. People should address their insecurities with their spouse instead of making asses of themselves by confronting others without any reasonable cause.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 2:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I've never been accused of it, but I see it as. If he can be stolen, go ahead and take him off my hands :)
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• I have never but my mothers friend tried to get my dad to go to bed with her....she was married to my dads best friend!!!! I don't understand people that want to come into other peoples lives and make a mess of it. I mean if you are looking for it that is one thing but sometimes the goods are put in front of your face and you have to make a choice and sometimes the choice is made by the lower brain.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• When I had my first job at 17, I was accused of it by the owners wife, lol.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• haha lol that's kind of funny!
    sarahbell811

Answer by sarahbell811 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• lol husband no, bf yes but that was a long time ago.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• After my father died, a male family friend started asking my mom if there was anything she needed done around the house (just to help out!). His wife accused my mother of trying to steal her husband - my mom had never even asked him to do anything or let him do anything for us!

Answer by missanc at 3:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2010

• Yes. The saddest one was my best friend. I had been friends with her, her husband, and both of their extended families for many years. Her husband and I were like brother/sister. We were all so comfortable with each other that she often joked about her hubby having "two wives" and if she didn't feel like going out and grabbing a beer or something, she'd call me and say, "Hey? Will you go out with hubby tonight?" She had a mental breakdown a few years ago and accused her husband and I of having an affair and she was leaving him. In front of her parents whom I was quite close to. She told anyone who would listen. No one bought it. I was just mortified though. She was put into a mental hospital about a week later for severe psychosis. I think her accusation towards her husband and I was more about trying to disconnect from people who cared about her than an actual "belief". We are not friends anymore.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 4:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2010